What will your child learn throughout this course?
- The elements of great Game Design and Development
- Learn basic Coding concepts using Scratch- an online program designed by MIT for coding, game and digital animation for kids.
- Acquire skills using different digital technologies to create digital Art for characters, sets and backgrounds
- Develop a good sense of Game Design- how to create a good gameplay environment
- Gain an problem-solving mindset with a test, change or enhance mentality throughout the whole creative process.
- Have lots Fun playing different video games during lessons! 😀 YES, playing video games during a course in video games is ALLOWED
Given that this course is digitally oriented it is encouraged that each student has his/her personal tablet or laptop available during sessions. This will enable the students to continue their efforts and practice at their convenience and from home during course projects and after the course is finished.
Subscribe and Stay Tuned!
300+ other parents have already claimed their interest our creative children programmes. Register below to stay tuned with upcoming sessions and courses.
Kindly only register if you or your child (for parents) are interested in undertaking this or similar courses.
Part 1: Introduction to Digital Games and a brief history
- A walk through a brief history of video games
- Discussion: Different types of games
- Case Studies: A look at real-life production timelines and design departments
Part 2: Digital Art – Creating Digital Characters, Backgrounds and Animations
- Design and Development of character including: silhouette and detailing
- Different types of gaming animation
- Animating a character in empty space
- Develop a background- Simple vs Complex
- Separating Object sprites from backgrounds
Part 3: Game Design – What makes good game?
- Research and self-study: What are the elements of a good game?
- Understanding user psychology: Thinking like a game Designer
- Case studies: Understanding Gamification: Motivation, Player types and Game Mechanics
Part 4: Development – Introduction to Coding Concepts
Part 5: Test play, Fixing Errors and Game Launch
This course allows young students who wish to learn more about the world of Game Design. With the use of friendly user-interface programs Game Maker or Construct students will deepen their understanding about coding concepts without the need for actual coding (we’ll get into that during the later course)!
During the Junior Designer and Developer course the student delves deep in both the Design and Development areas of Digital Gaming.
This course teaches students everything from basic to more advanced level stuff on how to plan, design, code and develop using C# and ultimately publish and launch their games online.
Using what you obtain in this course, you will be equipped with more than enough knowledge in order to continue improving yourself in the field of game development, using industry-level game engine Unity.