In this course you will learn how to create video games, by learning the fundamentals of game design and development.
By following this course you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the different elements underlying great video games as well as the technical and creative skills necessary to both design and develop a complete 3D video game from concept to testing and bug fixing and ultimately launching stage. During this course you will be using professional game engine Unity 3D.
Who is this course best suited for?
This course is very well designed for complete beginners and budding video game creators with little to no prior knowledge. It is also great for those involved in the design or creative industries with a basic knowledge of design programs from developers to industrial designers and product designers who wish to take on a new learning challenge and branch out into the field of Game Design and Development.
This learning experience is based on various creative tasks and hands-on modules which aim to provide the student with an steep yet progressive learning curve starting from complete beginner to advanced levels.
- Introduction with Game Development and Storyboard Design for a 2D Game
- Introduction to Unity3D Game Engine,
- Asset Store and Game objects (2D Platformer)
- Creating an interactive game environment using GameObjects and C# (2D Platformer)
- Creating additional scenes and user interfaces (2D Platformer)
- Game Logic and Audio Animations and Particle System Testing games and bug fixing
- Creating Storyboards and User Interfaces for a 3D (FPS Game)
- Game Logic and 3D Audio (FPS Game)
- Animations and Particle Systems (FPS Game)
- Testing games and bug fixing (FPS Game)
- Creating Storyboards User Interfaces for a 3D (Arcade Game)
Through a design and make learning methodology, by following this course students will also obtain a taste of what it takes to work in the creative industry. The program-tool-box introduced during this course include: Unity 3D, Microsoft Visual Studio (C#)