In response to COVID-19 most of our Art and Design courses are now offered both Online [Live Streamed] and/or class-based. View all courses
Learn how we are keeping our Learning Community Safe during this pandemic. Read more about our COVID-19 Mitigation, Health & Safety Protocols and Continuity of Learning Policy
2021/22 Winter Enrolment: Applications Now Open until 31st August. A late admission fee of 15 eu will apply on last-minute enrolments Explore All
Design Tutors create learning experiences which are able to Inspire and Motivate and Teach students in an interdisciplinary and creative approach.
Great Design tutors or mentors are able to:
- Develop the right learning environment and syllabus which meets the students’ learning objectives, expectations and which reflect the skills and knowledge of the current and future industry needs.
- Mentor and Analyse student projects and work.
- Engage and inspire students throughout the whole learning experience.
They teach students to not just be consumers of knowledge and technology but to think, problem-solve and be the creators and designers of their own fate.
The Ideal Candidate demonstrates:
• Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
• Encourages a culture of curiosity and aims to cultivate a growth mindset
• Exhibits knowledge of student cognitive development and various learning styles
• willingness to plan and teach via a project-based approach in order to develop hands-on learning and a problem-solving mindset
• Expertise in their subject
• Effective classroom management (Responsive Classroom, Positive Discipline, Love and Logic)
• A strong ability to adapt instruction and lessons based on individual student needs
Preferred Qualifications & Experience (Required):
• A strong work portfolio reflective of a Professional Experience in the field of expertise of at least 4 years
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the subject of expertise or any related field.
Note: We value Experience over credentials. Hence applicants, without credentials, who demonstrate outstanding experience, achievement and knowledge in their field are strongly encouraged to apply.
• An active driving licence
What We Offer
- Zero-hour contractual pay: 17 up-to 29 euros per hour, dependent on experience, qualifications and commitment level (the more hours the higher the rate). There is the potential for up to 15% teaching performance related bonus.
- Part Remote-work: Your duties will include both on-site and other duties which may be performed off-site or from home
- Flexible Hours arrangements