2023 Summer School & Courses Applications: Early Enrolment OPEN until 15th March -- Benefit from early enrolment discounted period Apply Today
In response to COVID-19 most of our Art and Design courses are now offered both Online [Live Streamed] and/or class-based. View all courses
Learn how we are keeping our Learning Community (You) Safe during this pandemic. Read more
Design Tutors create learning experiences which are able to Inspire and Motivate and Teach students in an interdisciplinary and creative approach.
Great Design tutors or mentors are able to:
- Develop the right learning environment and lesson plans which meet the students’ learning objectives, expectations and which reflect the skills and knowledge of the current and future industry needs.
- Teach and share their knowledge and experience with new students and future designers.
- Engage and provide constructive feedback that helps students throughout the whole learning experience.
Excellent Design tutors teach students to not just be consumers of knowledge and technology but to think, problem-solve and be the creators and designers of their own fate.
The Ideal Candidate demonstrates:
• Excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
• Encourages a culture of curiosity and aims to cultivate a growth mindset
• Exhibits knowledge of student cognitive development and various learning styles
• willingness to plan and teach via a project-based approach in order to develop hands-on learning and a problem-solving mindset
• Expertise in their subject
• Effective classroom management (Responsive Classroom, Positive Discipline, Love and Logic)
• A strong ability to adapt instruction and lessons based on individual student needs
Preferred Qualifications & Experience (Required):
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in the subject of expertise or any related field.
• A strong work portfolio reflective of a Professional Experience in the field of expertise of at least 4 years
• Past teaching experience is considered a Plus!
• An active driving license
Note: We value Experience over credentials. Hence applicants, without credentials, who demonstrate outstanding experience, achievement and knowledge in their field are strongly encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
- Highly competitive (contractual) pay: 15 up-to 25 euros per hour, dependent on experience, qualifications and commitment level. There is the potential for up to 15% teaching performance related bonus.
- Online & Class-based teaching: Your duties will include both on-site and remote online teaching.
- Flexible Hours arrangements