Position: Classroom Assistant/ One-on-one Coach / LSEs(for Young Learners)
Class assistants or coaches as we like to call them, assist within the classroom, as well as facilitate small group and individual instruction. Coaches are typically responsible for ensuring that students with special needs have access to our general education curriculum. Coaches are essential to ensuring that all students get the individualized attention they need for success. A coach may work predominantly with one student in need of one- on-one support or with several students in a classroom.
Successful coaches collaborate well with colleagues, are great communicators, are creative in finding ways to include all children in classroom learning, are patient and kind yet also firm, and find the genius in every child.
Coaches are asked to commit for one definitive school year contract and are paid on an hourly basis. The number of sessions may vary depending on the different class demands.
- Passionate in working with children
- Energetic and Patient
- Calm and adaptable
- A natural ability to communicate well with children and parents.
- A creative or artistic educational background with an Ordinary, Advanced MATSEC or similar Diploma level in the respective and relevant field.
Note: We value Experience over credentials. Hence applicants, without credentials, who demonstrate outstanding experience, achievement and knowledge in their field are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Past experience in working with children
- LSE or other behavioral support training is considered a Big Plus!
- An active Driving Licence
NOTE: We will only consider applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Malta.