Position: Game Design Tutor (for Young Learners)
The ideal candidate must be passionate about Inspiring and Engaging students in an explorative and creative way. Digital Art or Game Design teachers encourage creativity, beautiful work, and teach technology and art through hands-on projects to create learning experiences that support kids in not just being consumers of technology, but creators and innovators.
> Strong English communication skills (Maltese is a plus)
> Experienced in the respective fields of Game Design or Digital Art (Basic coding knowledge is also required for Game Design tutors)
> For Digital Art: Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator or any other user friendly design program.
> For Game Tutors: Proficiency with Unity, GameMaker Studio and/or any other professional Game Design programme.
> Inspire, Engage and Teach young learners the importance and beautiful process of Game Design (using the more intuitive and beginner friendly programs: SCRATCH by MIT or GameMaker Studio)
> Able to Design creative activities which keep the students engaged and motivated throughout the whole duration of the course.
The Ideal Candidate demonstrates:
• a strong understanding of early childhood development
• Encourages a culture of curiosity and aims to cultivate a growth mindset
• Exhibits knowledge of student cognitive development and various learning styles
• willingness to plan and teach via a project-based approach
• expertise in their subject
• effective classroom management (Responsive Classroom, Positive Discipline, Love and Logic)
• a strong ability to adapt instruction and lessons based on individual student needs
• open and regular communication with parents
• excellent writing, speaking and communication skills
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
Note:We value Experience over credentials. Hence applicants, without credentials, who demonstrate outstanding experience, achievement and knowledge in their field are strongly encouraged to apply.
• An active driving licence